Updated: Roku and Fox Corp.’s Tubi are set to release a large bucket of free, ad-supported content from Warner Bros. Discovery on their streaming platforms.
Roku and Tubi are the first two partners for WBD’s new free, ad-supported streaming television (FAST) channels. The deals come after Warner Bros. discovered in December that it was pulling several shows from the HBO mix — including “Westworld,” “The Nevers,” “Raised by Wolves,” “FBoy Island,” “Legendary,” “Finding Magic Mike” is included. ,” “Head of the Class” and “The Time Traveler’s Wife” — to license them to third-party FAST partners.
Warner Bros. Discovery chief David Zaslav told analysts in November that the company would “aggressively attack” the low end of the streaming market with its FAST offering in 2023. We have a unique opportunity to expand our valuable market and increase real value, and we intend to move quickly,” Zaslav said.
On the Roku channel, WBD’s FAST channels are set to launch in the spring of 2023, featuring titles from the media company’s portfolio, including “Westworld,” “The Bachelor,” “Cake Boss,” “Sine Yes” To the Dress” and “F-boy Island.” In addition, the Roku Channel will include approximately 2,000 hours of on-demand content, including Warner Bros. Discovery TV series and movies. This content is available on WBD’s HBO, HBO Max, Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Warner Bros. Pictures, Warner Bros. Television and more will come from.
Similarly, Tobey announced a content deal with Warner Bros. Discovery that will bring 14 WB-branded FAST channels and more than 225 ad-supported VOD titles—more than 2,000 hours in total—to the platform.
On Tubi, the content will start on Wednesday (February 1) and will continue throughout the month. Tobey will launch three newly created Fast channels — WB TV Reality, WB TV Series and WB TV Family — that will include all seasons of series including “Westworld,” “Raised by Wolves,” “Legendary,” “F Boy Island,” “The. Nevers, “Finding Magic Mike,” “Head of the Class” and “The Time Traveler’s Wife.”
Tubi will also add 11 other FAST channels from Warner Bros. Discovery focused on genres including lifestyle, home, classic movies, education, mystery and weddings. Tobey’s expanded FAST and AVOD lineup will include new titles such as “Cake Boss,” “My Cat From Hell,” “Breaking Amish,” “Caribbean Life,” “High It’s Mad,” “Paranormal Lockdown,” ” D. Tomorrow People’s’ and ‘My Five Wives’ and select seasons of ‘The Bachelor’, ‘The Bachelorette’ and ‘Bachelor in Paradise’, in addition to the films ‘The Astronaut’s Wife’, ‘For Your Consideration’ and ‘Lord of the Bees’. “.
As Warner Bros. Launching in the Discovery FAST segment, it is also preparing to launch an integrated HBO Max-Discovery+ platform in the US this spring. The company has not announced details on pricing, packaging or naming, though “Max” has emerged as a leading contender.
“We love working with global, innovative partners like the Roku Channel. Their new platforms give us new ways to deliver our valuable content to fans across the country,” said David Decker, Warner Bros. Discovery. president of content sales, said in a statement. Regarding Tubi, he said, “Tubi’s innovative platform and these new channels are another way we are bringing Warner Bros. Discovery’s extensive content to our fans. Tubi is an incredible client, and we are excited to expand our relationship with these new channels.
Adam Levinson, Tobey’s chief content officer, said in a statement, “Warner Bros. Discovery has a catalog that TV enthusiasts can’t beat, and Tobey is proud to bring many of these latest hits to Warner Bros. Discovery. making it available to the audience. month.”
Rob Holmes, Roku’s VP of Programming, commented: “The rapid expansion of premium content on FAST is a win for both viewers and content owners, as well as advertisers looking to reach these audiences through programming. We’re pleased Warner Bros. is one of Discovery’s inaugural FAST partners, and we look forward to introducing its incredible TV series, movies and entertainment brands to a whole new audience on the Roku Channel.
Holmes is scheduled to retire in March after six years. David Ellenberg, currently head of Roku Original, will become head of content across all of Roku Media under division president Charlie Collier, the former Fox Entertainment CEO who joined the company last fall to focus its efforts on content. in the signal.
Here’s a list of the 14 new Warner Bros. Discovery Fast channels:
- WB TV Series: Premium TV shows series include “Westworld,” “Raised by Wolves,” “The Nevers,” and “The Time Traveler’s Wife.”
- WB TV Reality: Unscripted TV series include “Legendary,” “FBoy Island” and “Finding Magic Mike.”
- The WB TV Family: Collection of “Family Friends” series, including “Head of the Class”
- WB TV Sweet Escape: Baking competition shows include “Cake Boss,” “Extreme Cake Makers” and “Cake Wars.”
- WB TV Paws and Paws: Pet shows including “Dog 101” and “My Cat from Hell.”
- WB TV Slice of Life: The series follows people from “all corners of the world” including “Extreme Couponing”, “Breaking Amish” and “My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding”.
- WB TV Welcome Home: Real estate and interior design shows include “Caribbean Life,” “Buy Hawaii,” and “Bahamas Life.”
- Movies on WB TV: A selection of classic movies from the 70s, 80s and 90s
- How to watch WB TV: “Curiosity Inspiring” series include “How It’s Made,” “How to Make Everything” and “How the Earth Works.”
- WB TV Supernatural: Shows include “Ghost Brothers,” “Extraordinary Lockdown” and “Ghost Asylum.”
- The WB TV Crime Series: Shows include “Murder Pick Me,” “A Crime to Remember,” and “Murder Comes to Town.”
- WB TV Mystery: Shows like “Mystery at the Museum,” “Mystery at the Monument” and “Off Limits”
- WB TV Love and Marriage: Shows include “See Yes to the Dress Atlanta,” “Four Weddings” and “A Wedding Story.”
- WB TV Family Rules: Series about real-life families including “The Long Lost Family”, “The Little Couple” and “My Five Wives”
- Keeping WB TV Real: Reality shows including “The Bachelor,” “The Bachelorette,” “Bachelor in Paradise,” “Finding Magic Mike” and “Foboi Island.”
- WB TV All Together: Shows “characters that feel like family” including “Eight Is Enough”, “Better With You” and “Head of the Class”
VIP+ Analysis: What WBD Opponents Can See in Its Streaming Plan