Paul Pelosi released from hospital


House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband, Paul Pelosi, who was attacked in his home last week by a man who entered with a hammer, was released from a San Francisco hospital on Thursday, according to a statement from the speaker’s office.

Pelosi, 82, has been hospitalized since the attack on Oct. 28. He underwent surgery last week to repair a fractured skull and “significant injuries to his right arm and hands,” and is expected to make a full recovery. according to the speaker’s office.

The statement Thursday said Speaker Paul Pelosi is at home and “remains in the care of doctors as he continues to recover.”

“The Pelosi family is grateful for the outpouring of love, support and prayers from around the world,” he said.

All we know about Paul Pelosi’s attack is David DePape’s suspicions

Also Read :  North Korea flies jets, fires artillery near border after U.S. and South extend drills

The family also thanked the first responders and staff at Zuckerberg San Francisco General Hospital.

David Wayne DePape, 42, is facing multiple federal and state charges related to the attack on Paul Pelosi, including attempted murder, attempted robbery and assault with a deadly weapon. DePape told police he was on a “suicide mission” and had a list of federal and state politicians as part of an effort to counter “lies” coming out of Washington, prosecutors said in court filings.

There is another hearing in DePape’s case scheduled for Friday, but he has waived his right to appear, according to his public defender, and is not expected in court.

San Francisco State Attorney Brooke Jenkins said DePape was looking for the speaker of the House when he entered the building near San Francisco’s Pacific Heights. His shouts of “Where’s Nancy?” he also spoke about the songs of the conspirators who want the speaker on January 6, 2021, at the US Capitol.

Also Read :  Man pleads not guilty to charge in connection to Brookline shooting

The incident sparked an informal discussion among lawmakers about the right protections for them and their loved ones. Pelosi is second in line for the presidency.

Capitol Police installed cameras around Pelosi’s home more than eight years ago, The Washington Post reported, but officers who oversee the 1,800 cameras that monitor the Capitol and beyond only saw Pelosi’s home when they saw police responding.

Most of her security forces left her home after Pelosi left San Francisco last week and returned to Washington, according to The Post.

DePape entered the home and broke a glass door with a hammer, according to investigators.

Also Read :  The Lafayette alum who became the ‘missingest man in America’ – The Lafayette

Pelosi called 911 asking to use the bathroom, where her phone was charging, police said.

When the guards arrived, they saw men fighting with hammers. He told both men to drop the hammer before DePape “immediately pulled out the hammer” and “attacked” Pelosi with it, San Francisco Police Chief William Scott said.

The court documents what DePape told San Francisco police investigators, who recorded their interviews with DePape. Investigators say they have been told that Pelosi is the “leader of a group” of lies told by the Democratic Party,” and that they are planning to arrest her and break her knees if she lies, which “will expose other members. Congress was the result of the action. “

CNN reports that Paul Pelosi has been released from the hospital.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Related Articles

Back to top button