Noel Sydney will light up Sydney’s Royal Botanic Gardens with an exciting Christmas experience featuring spectacular installations, bustling Christmas markets, food stalls and food trucks, bars and nightly entertainment to excite Sydneysiders and visitors over the festive season.
Noel Sydney is a new family-friendly Christmas celebration running over 16 festive nights from 9 to 24 December with spectacular lights, magical experiences, exciting food and drink experiences with performances by David Campbell, Katie Noonan Trio, Bella Taylor Smith, Emma Pask and more. will be .
Tourism Minister Ben Franklin said Noel Sydney will spread festive cheer from Macquarie Street to the Royal Botanic Gardens, ensuring Sydneysiders and visitors alike have a festive season to remember.
“The NSW Government is bringing the magic to central Sydney and lighting up the Royal Botanic Gardens and Macquarie Street in a fantastic display, sure to bring joy and happiness to families across NSW,” Mr Franklin said.
“Attendees will be amazed by the LED Christmas forest, played by caroling choristers, and can enjoy the nightly entertainment and fun of the Skyshow.
“Noel Sydney has something for people of all ages. There are many ways to enjoy the event, whether it’s participating in interactive workshops, watching touring artists, singing along to a family-friendly variety show, or relaxing at the evening performances. There is something for everyone.
“Noel Sydney Market stalls give shoppers the chance to support small businesses from across NSW as they stock up on stocking stuffers and gifts.”
Historic buildings along Macquarie Street will be bathed in lighted projections and enchanting scenes inspired by the beloved Christmas story. Visitors will be led down a brightly lit festive trail into an enchanting space with a forest of digital Christmas trees, surrounded by music, markets and delicious treats.
Noel’s experience includes Sydney
- The Christmas markets open for business at 6pm, during which time the digital Christmas forest will be lit up and the community choir will perform nightly.
- There will be something for all ages and taste buds from food stalls and food trucks: with drinks available from Bar Noël Sydney
- Workshops including making Christmas wreaths, origami and decorations will continue until 8.15pm each night.
- At 19:00, a variety show with entertainment for the young and the young will take the stage
- Noel’s light trail will be activated from 19:30 and the best view from 20:00.
- The Christmas Skyshow will be held twice in one evening from December 16 at 8:15pm and 10:00pm.
- More shows for the crowd to sing and dance on the main stage from 20:30 to 22:00
- Noel’s Light Road with close to guests at 11:00 p.m.
The NSW Government’s series of events in Sydney this summer includes OPEN FOR LUNCH, Noël Sydney and ELEVATE Sydney, powered by Destination NSW, the NSW Government’s flagship tourism and events agency.