Photo: Mike Nelson/AFP via Getty Images
Late last month, an excerpt from Matthew Perry’s book, Friends, lovers, and great horrors, Made headlines when it became clear that he hated Keanu Reeves. Like, he wants to die. With Perry’s claims in New York, that strangely intense moment The Times The interviewer said he didn’t use a past author for his memoir, revealing a powerful truth: Perry was about to release a very honest book. And now that it’s out, we can confirm: this book is very, very honest! Friends, lovers, and the greatest horror Filled with personal sadness, trauma, and many comments on various acquaintances (celebrities). So, for your viewing pleasure, we’ve compiled a list of what Perry had to say about the things he’s encountered throughout his life. Spoiler: He just wants death on Keanu Reeves (twice).
About Jennifer Aniston friends
• “Jennifer and I met three years ago through mutual acquaintances. I was immediately taken by her (how could I not be?) and liked her, and I realized that she was also interested – maybe it was going to happen. to become something Then I got two jobs in one day – one was wow wowone America’s Funniest Home VideosKind of show, and the other was a sitcom. So I called Jennifer and I said, “You’re the first person to tell me that!”
Bad idea – I can feel the ice making through the phone.”
• “At the beginning of creation friends I feel like I’m still spoiling Jennifer Aniston. Our hellos and goodbyes became boring. And then I ask myself, How long can I see him? Is three seconds too long?“
About meeting each other friends
• “Courteney Cox wore a yellow dress and was very beautiful. I had heard about Lisa Kudrow from a mutual friend, and she was as beautiful and funny and incredibly smart as my friend had said. Mattie LeBlanc was nice and cool, and David Schwimmer had short hair (he was playing Pontius Pilate for his theater troupe in Chicago) over his hangdog face and was incredibly funny; Warm and smart and creative.”
The one about Sean Penn
• “There were guest stars all the time, which meant we always had to think on our feet. Sean Penn was one of my favorites – he appeared in two episodes in season eight and ended it. His story line asked me to dress up as a pink bunny rabbit (it was Halloween), so at the end of the table read, I said, ‘I’ve always dreamed of working with Sean Penn, but I’ve never done it. Didn’t think so. To do this one has to wear a pink bunny suit.
About which of his co-stars The whole nine yards
• Bruce Willis did not disappoint – he did the whale A- List. He not only occupied a room, he he the room In fact, I knew he was a real movie star when the first thing he did was teach a bartender how to make a perfect vodka tank. “Fly three seconds,” he said to the distraught man.
• “Amanda Peet was also in the cast. She was funny and smart and very attractive, and even though she had a boyfriend, she didn’t mind flirting, which she did with both Bruce and me at the drop of a hat, until one day Bruce He yelled at him, ‘Choose one!’
The one about killing Paul Road
• “In fact, if you’ve seen the season nine finale friendsYou will know that I am at least good enough to beat Paul Rudd.
about one All will serve
• “During the tour All will serve … The director got angry – I will ruin his film; Elizabeth Hurley, my costar, was furious (she never did another movie, either).
One about the River Phoenix
• “I got to know Sindhu, who showed beauty in every way.” There was a charm around that man. But he has made you feel so comfortable that you are more than jealous of him.
One was when he met Tricia Fisher
“Acting roles, and a sharp mind and a mouth, and a friendship with the river, and a denim jacket over a plaid shirt, all combined to help me have a beautiful girlfriend named Tricia Fisher. (Daughter of Eddie Fisher and Connie Stevens — that’s right, Carrie Fisher’s half-sister. The girl was no stranger to glamour.)
One when he asked Julia Roberts
• “I sent her three dozen red roses and the card read: ‘More exciting than the prospect of you being on the show is that I finally have an excuse to send you flowers’ … was her reply. If I were to specify the quantity. Her physics, she will agree to the show. wow First of all, I am in exchange with the woman For whom lipstick was inventedAnd now I have to hit the books.
Before that he met Gwyneth Paltrow friends made a debut
“It was the last peak of my life when I could go out partying with a beautiful young lady named Gwyneth and no one cared but Gwyneth and me.
One was when he met Cameron Diaz
“Years ago, when he stopped seeing Justin Timberlake, I got set up on a date with Cameron Diaz… Cameron was stoned almost immediately – it was clear he had no interest in me.
About Charlie Shane
“I was reading about Charlie Sheen in the newspaper. It was said that Shane was still in trouble for something, but I remember thinking, Why does he care – he’s famous“
• “It was everything I thought. I used to fill all the holes Friends like us. Charlie ran the thing.
About one growing up around Justin Trudeau
“I beat Pierre’s son (a real prime minister himself) Justin Trudeau.
The One About Michael J. Fox
“I remember when I was in ninth grade in Ottawa, Michael J. Fox had the number one movie and the number two TV show at the same time, and I still had steam coming out of my ears at the age of fourteen. Jealousy.”
The ones he hates are Keanu Reeves
• “Why is it that original thinkers like River Phoenix and Heath Ledger are dead, but Keno Reeves still walks among us?”
• “Then, Chris Farley died. His disease progressed faster than mine. (Plus, I had a healthy fear of the word ‘heroin’, a fear we didn’t share.) I found out that Jennifer Aniston punched through the wall of her dressing room. Keno Reeves walks among us“
The one where he ditches Paul McCartney
• “In the music world, there’s a hierarchy – it’s my contention that bass players are put first, because they’re strong and cool and their fingers move in soft and powerful ways (except Paul McCartney’s; they were never placed first).
Woody Allen’s Appreciation in 2022
• “As night fell, we found Annie Hall Laughing our asses off at Woody Allen’s house on our little TV and under the roller coaster. (I didn’t get the sex and relationship jokes, but even as an eight-year-old I could understand the comedy of a $2,000 white powder puff.)
• “Woody understands. Woody takes me.
• “I was shooting the most popular show on Earth, and [Julia Roberts] Woody Allen was shooting a movie. Everyone says I love you, in France. (Of course she was)”.
• “But there must be more, God. why did you leave i? I am ready – give me direction and I will follow it. When Woody Allen asks this question to a stranger in the movie Stardust memories, the stranger replies, ‘Tell a funny joke.’ But it can’t be.”
Appreciating Woody Allen And In 2022, abuser Ryan Adams was mentioned
“Still this gratitude swirls about me, even stronger as more faces appear: characters from Woody Allen movies I love, TV shows lost, Peter Gabriel, Michael Keaton, John Grisham, Steve Martin, Sting, Dave Letterman for putting me together for the first time, Barack Obama, the smartest man I’ve ever talked to. I hear the piano version of “New York, New York” by Ryan Adams, recorded at Carnegie Hall on November 17, 2014.
About being famous for something special
“For a long time I didn’t want to talk much about the incident friends … I’ve always admired Kurt Cobain’s refusal to play ‘Smells Like Ten Spirits’ or Led Zeppelin’s ‘Stairway to Heaven.’
An appreciated Chevy Chase
“Chevy was my hero for a long time. In fact, his performance in the film slip My life was changed forever.
One where he imagines what Banksy would think of him
“I found my Banksy painting at an auction in New York. I bought it over the phone. I never met him, but I want him to know that if there is ever a fire, my Banksy will be the one thing I save. I wonder if he will care. (Actually, he might have set himself on fire.)
The Ones About Batman
“I bought this place – I swear to God – because Bruce Wayne lived in an apartment just like that. The Dark Knight.)”
• “One day you will be called for an important task, so be ready for it.” And when something happens, just think, What will Batman do? And do so.”
In which he compared his life with various famous personalities
“I’m not Matthew McConaughey, and when I take a shower, I just close my eyes.
• “I would slowly rub the sleep from my eyes and then the reality of my situation would hit me, and I would burst into tears at a rate that would make Meryl Streep jealous.
• “In the operating room they gave propofol, you know, the drug that killed Michael Jackson. I learned right there that Michael Jackson didn’t want to be high, he wanted to be out.
• “The great 21st century philosopher Sandy Lauper was right as it turns out – girls really just want to have fun.”
• “I felt it The end of desire Wasn’t going to be cute enough to cement my future as a friend of David Mamet. But there is still time!”
• “I’ve made more mistakes in my love life than Elizabeth Taylor.
• “It’s not like the Amy Winehouse story, where she slept for a while, and then the first drink killed her. He said something in the documentary that rings true for me. She had just won a Grammy and she told a friend, ‘I can’t enjoy it until I’m drunk.’
• “Robert Downey Jr., speaking about his addiction, once said, ‘It’s like having a gun in my mouth with my finger on the trigger, and I like the taste of metal.’ i got it; I understand that.
One about the famous club
“Martin Sheen, like Pacino, Sean Penn, Ellen DeGeneres, Kevin Bacon, Chevy Chase, Robert De Niro – they’re all fellow members of the ‘celebrity club’ I’ve met, an informal little thing that includes you When you are in a club. At the airport or at a function and a famous person comes up and says hello, we know each other.