The summer transfer window has closed for Europe’s top leagues. However, looking at January, there are plenty of rumors about who will be moving where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest news, arrivals, developments and, last but not least, deals!
Main story: Man United prioritized Dortmund’s Bellingham
Manchester United are going to do it. Jude Bellingham He is their primary target for next summer, reports The Mirror.
Erik ten Haag is keen on a move for the 19-year-old midfielder, with Borussia Dortmund demanding more than £130m for the move.
Manchester City, Liverpool and Real Madrid are reported to be joining the race for his signature, but the Red Devils know they must secure a Champions League spot if they can convince him. Old Trafford above all other suitors.
United have failed to secure a transfer for the Barcelona star. Frankie de JongBellingham seems to be at the top of the list.
The England international has contributed 11 goals in 18 appearances for Edin Terzic’s side this season.
– Stream on ESPN+: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, More (USA)
08:43 GMT: Mundo Deportivo reports that Atletico Madrid will be ready for transfer in the January transfer window due to the departure of many of their players from Europe.
Last week Rojiblancos They were spectacularly eliminated from the Champions League and ended Tuesday’s final group stage without even qualifying for the Europa League.
Club bosses estimate that exiting Europe’s top club competition would mean a loss of up to 20 million euros, while reaching the Europa League final could have cost up to 10 million euros.
Atlético hope to collect €40m in the transfer of the striker this summer Alvaro Morata and medium Saul NiguezBut none of them left the club. And now, Atlético are considering removing the players from their squad and leaving them in the January window.
08:00 GMT: Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta Xavi has praised the work he has done in coaching the Catalan club and dismissed reports linking him to Barcelona.
Arteta has kept Arsenal at the top of the Premier League table this season, which has reportedly prompted Barca to target the former youth player as Xavi’s long-term replacement.
Xavi’s side have been knocked out of the Champions League group stage for the second year running this season but Arteta insists Barcelona are on a “very good path” despite disappointment.
“All I can say is I’m very happy and proud to be where I am,” Arteta said ahead of Arsenal’s Europa League game against FC Zurich.
“Barcelona are on a very good path now. I think they have a fantastic coach at the club who is an absolute legend and has lifted the whole place.
“You have to be very respectful of that.”
Arteta started his playing career in Barcelona’s academy but did not make a big impression for them.
Paperback (by Adam Brown)
– Barcelona and AC Milan are leading the competition. JorginhoSil Sport reported. The 30-year-old Chelsea midfielder will enter the final six months of his contract in January, allowing clubs outside the Premier League to discuss a pre-contract with him. It is known that he prefers to move to La Liga.
– Eden Hazard According to Mundo Deportivo, he could leave Real Madrid in January. Despite being under contract at the La Liga club until the summer of 2024, just one start in the league this season has left the 31-year-old winger uncertain about his future in the Spanish capital. Juventus have been linked with the Belgian international.
– Juventus are discussing a loan move for Real Madrid. Alvaro Odriozola, wrote Calciomercato. Carlo Ancelotti’s side are reportedly willing to let the 26-year-old right-back leave the Santiago Bernabeu on loan in the January transfer window. Odriozola had a successful spell in Serie A with Fiorentina last season.
– FC Salzburg Noah Okafor He is understood to be attracting interest from Arsenal. Ekrem Konur. The Gunners are believed to have sent suitors to watch the 22-year-old forward in the Champions League on Wednesday, with Mikel Arteta’s side joining AC Milan and Leeds United in the race for his signature. Okafor has scored 9 goals in 18 games for the Austrian side this season.
AC Milan are planning to open negotiations to sign a new contract Oliver Giroudexplains. Fabrizio Romano. The 36-year-old striker scored two goals and made two assists in the game RossoneriSalzburg won 4-0 in the Champions League on Wednesday. His current contract expires next summer and the Serie A side seem keen to keep him at the San Siro.