Man pleads not guilty to charge in connection to Brookline shooting

A Manchester man who allegedly shot a man Wednesday morning in Brookline has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder. Robert Gagnon, 45, of Manchester, was charged on Friday in connection with a shooting that injured a man Wednesday. Gagnon was charged with attempted murder, according to the New Hampshire attorney general’s office. Gagnon was taken into custody on Auburn Street in Nashua Wednesday afternoon. Gagnon is accused of shooting Carlos Quintong, 44, in the area of ​​Townsend Hill Road and Route 13 in Brookline. When police arrived around 6:30 a.m., they found Quintong unresponsive and suffering from what appeared to be gunshot wounds, authorities said. He was taken to the hospital and is receiving medical treatment. The police said that the shooter and the victim, who know each other, were driving different cars when one of the drivers tried to drive the other on the road. Quintong was then shot multiple times through the passenger window, police said. The initial statement from the attorney general’s office that Quintong had been killed was incorrect. Police later confirmed that he is in good condition and is expected to survive. Authorities said the shooting appears to be related to domestic violence. The investigation into the connection between the Lyndeborough homicide and the Brookline shooting continues, the Attorney General’s office said Friday. “One thing happened in Brookline, the other thing happened in Lyndeborough. And I’m just saying that there are other devices that investigators have been working on today that make us believe that the two can be linked,” said the assistant attorney general. Ben Agati said on Friday. An autopsy was performed on Robert Prest, 83, on Friday, who was found inside his home on Center Road in Lyndeborough on Wednesday. The chief medical examiner determined the cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head and the manner of death was a homicide, officials said. from invisible forces rather than being shot. The Attorney General’s Office that all those involved in both incidents appear to have been identified and there is no known threat to the public. Investigators are continuing to inquire Friday and into the weekend and anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the New Hampshire State Police Major Crime Unit at 603-628-8477.

Also Read :  Hyper-partisan hostility leads to Divided States of America

A Manchester man who allegedly shot a man Wednesday morning in Brookline has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder.

Robert Gagnon, 45, of Manchester, was arraigned on Friday in connection with a shooting that injured a man Wednesday.

Also Read :  Code for America Works Shoulder to Shoulder with State Governments

Gagnon was charged with attempted murder, according to the New Hampshire attorney general’s office. Gagnon was taken into custody on Auburn Street in Nashua Wednesday afternoon.

Gagnon is accused of fatally shooting Carlos Quintong, 44, in the area of ​​Townsend Hill Road and Route 13 in Brookline. When police arrived around 6:30 a.m., they found Quintong unresponsive and suffering from what appeared to be gunshot wounds, authorities said. He was taken to hospital and is receiving treatment.

Police said the shooter and the victim, who knew each other, were driving separate vehicles when one of the drivers tried to run the other off the road. Quintong was then shot multiple times through the passenger window, police said.

The initial statement from the attorney general’s office that Quintong had been killed was incorrect. Police later confirmed that he is in good condition and is expected to survive.

Authorities say the shooting appears to be connected to domestic violence.

The investigation into the Lyndeborough homicide and the Brookline shooting is ongoing, the attorney general’s office said Friday.

Also Read :  Snow, mix, rain for Friday

No charges or suspects have been announced in the Lyndeborough murder.

“One happened in Brookline, the other happened in Lyndeborough. And I’m just saying that there are other devices that investigators have been working on today that lead us to believe that the two may be connected,” said Ben. Agati said on Friday.

An autopsy was performed on Robert Prest, 83, on Friday, who was found inside his home on Center Road in Lyndeborough on Wednesday.

The medical examiner determined the cause of death was blunt force trauma to the head and the cause of death was homicide, authorities said.

Initially, the attorney general’s office said it was a gunshot death but on Friday, an autopsy determined that the head injury was caused by blunt force trauma and not a gunshot wound.

The Attorney General’s Office that all those involved in both incidents appear to have been identified and there is no known threat to the public.

Investigators are continuing to inquire Friday and into the weekend and anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact the New Hampshire State Police Major Crime Unit at 603-628-8477.

Source

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Related Articles

Back to top button