With the opening of the January transfer window in Europe, many rumors are swirling about who will go where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest news, arrivals, developments and, last but not least, deals!
Top story: After the Williams snub, Villa turned to Henrique
After Aston Villa turned their attention to the young Brazilian talent Louise Henrique Athletic Club failed to sign a striker. Nico WilliamsAccording to the Daily Mail.
The report claims that Villa are ready to trigger a £45m release clause at the Bilbao club.
Williams has emerged as one of Europe’s biggest talents and is set to impress with Spain at the 2022 World Cup, but the 20-year-old is said to prefer to stay in La Liga for the time being.
With that, Villa manager Unai Emery is still waiting for attacking reinforcements and has identified Henrique as an option. Henrique plays for Real Betis and the report states that the transfer fee is around £20m. The 22-year-old Brazilian signed for Betis from Botafogo last summer and has scored three goals this season with five assists in all competitions.
Villa’s recent form under Emery has seen them climb out of the bottom three, but they are eager to strengthen their forward options, who are still just three points clear of sixth-placed Brighton.
– Ayoze Perez He is going to leave Leicester City and move to Real Betis, he said. Rudy Galetti. The report states that Betis have been able to resolve some of the issues with the transfer fee, allowing them to close the deal for Perez. Perez has been linked with a move away from Leicester since the start of the transfer window.
– Timowe Bakayoko According to Calciomercato, he is set to leave AC Milan and sign for Turkish club Adana Demirspor on a three-year contract. The 28-year-old midfielder is nearing the end of his two-year loan at Milan, but is believed to be breaking the loan early to sign for the Super League club.
– Nottingham Forest are stepping up their interest in the Paris Saint-Germain keeper. Keylor Navas According to the Daily Mail, it follows Dean Henderson’s injury. Henderson suffered a thigh injury in Forest’s clash with Leicester earlier this month, and it is unclear when he will return. This has reportedly increased their interest in Navas, who is behind Gianluigi Donnarumma at PSG.
– THiago Silva He is set to sign a new contract at Chelsea, according to the Mirror. Silva’s current contract expires at the end of the season but Graham Potter is believed to be keen not to lose the experience the 38-year-old Brazilian offers.
– Southampton turn their attention to Marseille. Bamba Ding Following from a snub Nicholas JacksonAs reported by Express. The report claims that Saints are keen to strengthen their attacking options and have identified Ding as an option. They are thought to be interested in Jackson but he now looks set to join AFC Bournemouth from Villarreal.